History and Background
Hennie van der Walt has 15 years of general legal experience as a practicing attorney. During this period he represented a diverse range of clients such as commercial banks, short term insurance companies, retail stores, building contractors, estate agents, rental and managing agents, small and medium size entrepreneurs as well as private individuals. He established Hennie van der Walt Attorneys in 2009 and has since then gained an in depth knowledge about the legal issues faced by his clients.
Some of the matters dealt with by Hennie van der Walt Attorneys since 2009 include :
- Eviction applications in the Randburg, Kempton Park and Pretoria Magistrate’s Courts. This includes the drafting of all pleadings and appearances in motion court.
- Section 32 applications to attach property in security of rent. This included the drafting of all pleadings and appearances in motion court.
- Issuing of summons against defaulting tenants to collect unpaid rentals.
- Building Contract disputes. We have acted on behalf of both owners and building contractors.
- Appearances in the Randburg and Pretoria Regional Courts during unopposed divorce proceedings.
- Appearances in the Randburg and Benoni Children’s Court to assist clients with matters in respect of the care and contact of minor children.
- Appearances at the Johannesburg, Pretoria and Benoni Commission for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) to assist clients during Arbitration hearings.
- Appearances at the Metal Industries Bargaining Council.
- Disciplinary hearings and Retrenchment processes.
- Maintenance matters in the Pretoria and Randburg Magistrate’s Court.
- Settlement Negotiations and the drafting of settlement agreements in various matters.
- Debt collection matters.
- Domestic Violence matters in the Midrand, Germiston, Pretoria and Roodepoort Courts.
- Rescission of Judgment applications in the Randburg and Johannesburg Magistrates courts as well as the Johannesburg High Court.
- Settlement negotiations in matters relating to divorce, building disputes, evictions, etc.
- Drafting of various contracts such as lease agreements, employment contracts, settlement agreements, etc.
B.Proc degree - University of the Free State (1994)
Admitted as Attorney (1997)
Admitted as Conveyancer (2009)
Certificate in Deceased Estates Practice - Unisa (2018)
Law Society Seminars attended
Eviction and Rental claims – 2009
Evictions and Rentals – 2013
Contract and Commercial Law – 2013
Opinion Writing seminar – 2015
National Credit Act seminar – 2012
Debt Collecting seminar – 2009
Electronic evidence seminar – 2017